CRITical thinking




So.......weather forecast for the weekend and the start of Superweek is looking good. Sunny and hot for Saturday and Sunday. My spouse`s work schedule was posted and, to my utter disbelief, she has Sunday free! Perfect....Sunday is our club`s Halifax Criterium so now I am free to volunteer to work it and participate in the Master B race. A win/win.

The tradeoff is Saturday but I`m more than willing to sacrifice the tough Wolfville race for an opportunity of participating in the crit without time constraints or childcare issues.

So........time to start thinking about Sunday, what my objectives might be and what I hope to achieve. The Halifax crit is a race well suited to my abilities as it is a course that circles the Halifax Commons and is on wide, flat boulevards.That said I have no illusions...it will be tough. Previous years has shown it to be a fast race that attracts the finest riders from across Atlantic Canada.

If the weather holds it will be an awesome event.

Pics are some I took at the 2005 Halifax crit while working the wheel pit near the start/finish line.

Geo

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei