Time Trials and Tribulations

Well.....less than a week away from the Provincial Individual Time Trial held in Centreville.

I`m feeling good, the legs are strong after a summer of cycling and the club`s ITT series of three 30K time trials in August was excellent training. I improved my times as the series progressed and ended up doing the 30K rolling hill course in 50:26.

That said the Master B category has some powerful riders, including at least three clubmates that should place high in the standings. Alas.....it`s all about you, the bike and the course. The Provincial ITT is 40 K so, as much as I feel good after the club series, I need to be cognitive that the additional 10K will make a big difference.

Training and competing with a heart rate monitor was helpful. In the last club ITT I managed to set a personal best while finishing with a heart rate at or below my lactate theshold. That will be the aim on September 17th as well.

Geo

Comments

Cari said…
Good luck! You sound very prepared!

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei