Cycling For Breakfast and a Run for Dessert.

Had a nice spirited club ride today in hot temperatures. Essentially rode with a smaller 5 man paceline for most of the jaunt out to Laurie Park and back to Bedford. The pace was fast and the legs were feeling prime. I ended up with a 30.3kph average over the distance(about 60km) but did sit up the last 7km to ride with a team mate who got dropped by the tempo.

Once home I hydrated then opted to add some training and go for a run. The smaller loop around my street is .6 of a kilometer so I ended up doing 4.5 loops and, after a drink break, added the larger 1 km loop for a total run distance of about 4km.

The good news is my back gave me NO ISSUES. I got some advice that running on pavement is actually better than running on concrete sidewalks so I stuck to the streets and the body felt much better. Thanks Shawna.

Overall it was a good Saturday. Whenever possible I am gonna try and add a run element to my cycling for added training benefits. Oh yeah.......I am not a slave to the numbers but I weighed in this morning at 200.4lbs. Well.......will I manage to break the 200 barrier. Time will tell.

Geo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei