Tuesday Night Hill Training

Compliments of Purcell`s Cove. I ended up riding with Stephane and Peter who both had good form tonight. I struggled to hold their wheels on the climbs, got dropped then turned myself inside out to get caught back on. They accomodated me well....pushing hard enough to make me work to regain their wheels rather than entirely sitting up. That`s the training I need and spent most of the ride "on the rivet". I`m feeling better on the climbs but still lack that "jump" natural climbers possess. I just need to find my groove and ascend the hills knowing I need to keep something in reserve to hammer back to the group. Depending on how the training goes over the next three weeks I`ll consider riding the Brooklyn race.

Once home I transitioned from the bike to the run and managed to get in a 3 km trail run for some additional training. It hurt and I suffered but I feel pretty nice right now.....legs are feeling stiff but it`s a good stiffness.

Yup.......happy Birthday to me. I gave myself a nice dose of endorphins thanks to the bike and the run. Bed time. Sleep is nature`s balm.

Geo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei