"Float Like A Butterfly,Sting Like A Bee."



Unfortunately I did neither on the usual Tuesday Night Purcell`s Cove hills training session but did ride them better than usual so I`m seeing improvement. I didn`t "float" over them but on the first big climb I felt good both in and out of the saddle and maintained a decent tempo. The second climb(the biggest)I got dropped by Donald,Mark and Peter but kept a steady tempo and managed to get over the crest in decent shape. I pushed hard and eventually caught back Mark and Peter nearing the turnaround.

The first climb heading back is not that steep but continues for some distance, including a couple false flats that wreak havoc on the legs. I climbed it well although Donald once again rode away with seemingly little effort. Talk about "stinging" the lads. He is riding so strong this year.

The remaining hills back to Armdale were tough but I managed to hang on to Mark`s wheel for the most part. Motivated by Donald`s training plan of catching the lead riders then reversing course back to the slowest then chasing back to the leaders Mark and I pushed hard not to get caught a second time. We didn`t.....lol.

At the end of the session I logged in at just under a 30kph average. Not too shabby for me considering the hills...although,in fairness,gravity is my friend on the scorching downhills.

Pics......seems fitting. A bee and butterfly visiting my Purple Coneflowers.

Geo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei