Friday Night Thoughts

Another Friday night but no wine. I sense the dismay as I type.....(wink). I was tempted to open a bottle of Masi red but I`m not feeling the best this evening. My belly is rather upset so spring water is the best option right now. I even napped on the couch after work which is very uncharateristic for Georgie boy.

Was it the workout at the gym last night, the first in a couple weeks? I managed core work, strength training and a 20 minute treadmill run and I`m feeling "the love" today. Was it my overinduldgence today at lunch when I walked to Sobey`s and purchased a feast of fruits;strawberries,grapes, cherries, banana and pear after eating a salad brought from home. Even too much of a good thing can have consequences.

It`s been a depressing week. I was really getting into the whole running thing until my knee started giving me issues. It was like literally running into a brick wall. The good news is my run last night on the treadmill felt OK (but not great) and the knee feels decent today.

My car sounds like a Harley motorcycle on crack.....above 60kph it`s bloody loud. In the last 6 months I`ve essentially replaced the exhaust from manifold to tailpipe but, obviously, something else is shot! UGH!If it wasn`t for getting the kids to and from school I`d gladly be car free....they really are money pits.

Alas....this too shall pass. We`re having the "Retro Ride" tomorrow where participants wear their oldest cycling kit. It`s kinda cool with some of the oldtimers breaking out the wool jerseys.Tomorrow night we are having a summer social at Gerard`s house which is nice. Sunday morning is the first club time trial of the season. Throughout it all the weather looks prime with lots of sun.

OK.......rant over. I feel better already.

Geo

Comments

Cari said…
crappy...you sound like you had a week like mine...enjoy the rest of the weekend! hope things get better!

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei