BPCC ITT Race # 1 Update.



The first club time trial went off this morning in perfect conditions. I felt strong considering the big effort on Saturday`s club ride that I attribute to a good night`s sleep,carb loading and a lack of alcohol on Saturday night.

The last club ITT in 2006 resulted in a personal best with a 35.6 kph average over the 30K rolling hill course. Today I ended up with a 37.5(ish)kph average over the same course in similar conditions.(Note - based upon my cycle computer....official times to follow)

I prefer the time trialing discipline and will continue to focus upon it in the future. As a heavy(200lbs +)cyclist it does suit my abilities well as most courses are relatively flat/rolling hills which precludes the need to be an efficient climber.

I was hoping to upgrade my bike components this winter and would like to build up a time trialing specific bike out of the older parts if the right frame/fork combination comes along. Till then my road geometry bike with added clip-on aerobars will have to do.

Spent the afternoon at the lake and gotta admit a nice easy swim after a hard effort on the bike feels great and sure seems to help recovery.

Geo

Comments

Anonymous said…
The water looks refreshing.. where is this place?

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei