Friday Night Wine - 2005 Masi Bonacosta




"It is warm, like a friends house."
E Hemmingway

It`s Friday night which means another Friday Night Wine review. Tonights selection is a 2005 Masi Bonacosta Valpolicella. I enjoy the Masi wines thus far and the Bonacosta is no exception.

A modern styled wine...." from traditional Veronese grape varieties(Corvina,Rondinella and Molinara)it goes well with many dishes....delicious with pasta."

It has been a busy week at work so I`m quite happy to end it with a pasta meal and a glass(or two)of red wine. The Vanier Cup is due up shortly so I intend to hunker down and cheer for the local varsity team from SMU.

It was a good training week considering my usual domestic obligations. Josh was feeling ill so we opted out of karate which enabled me to get in another gym night.After a moderate paced 1.5 mile run I decided to "shock" the body by mixing up my routine. I focused exclusively on my pecs(chest)and worked them to failure with a combination of free weight, machine exercises and pushups.Followed up with some core/ab work.Wow...to say I have sore boobs tonight is an understatement. Ouchie!

Ordered a new jersey from Probikekit which arrived this week. To my surprise it was much to large for me. Seems my exercise regime and attention to diet is working. My chest circumference is down from a 44 to a 42/43 and my torso is looking pretty darn good. Not quite a six pack yet but heading in the right direction.

Some of my dietary changes involve more basic foodstuffs, avoiding processed foods in favor of more basic,natural nutrition. I`m eating lots of vegetables,have incorporated nuts(in shell)and seeds into my diet,lean protein sources(with a focus on seafood)and oatmeal. I`m avoiding white sugars/flours and now use unpasturized locally produced honey for those "sweet" moments. I have also started drinking green tea once again as an afternoon(mild)caffeine boost. As usual I am off the beer for the winter which means alot less calories.

Had a scheduled visit to my dental hygenist as well. The pearly whites were in great shape. S is doing well considering her injury(see Inspiring Tale of Determination - Sept 2007))but it looks like surgery might be required to knit the broken bone. Sending out healing vibes. Hang in there Champ!You`re a real trooper.

Looks like the sun will be shining tomorrow but the temps will be cool.......-4C is the latest guess. That`s tolerable if there is no excessive windchill. Looking forward to a bike ride so here`s hoping Mother Nature cooperates.

Geo

Comments

Cari said…
the diet plan sounds great!
Anonymous said…
I decided to try this "wine down" thing you seem to like so much. I am following your blog hoping to learn a thing or two. As you recommend a good bottle, I am also going to try it and see what I think. Remember to let me know about the Q-ray bracelet, just in case the wine doesn't dull the pain to my liking. I am also going to try the healthy diet thing, I may be looking for a few tips there as well. Keep up the blogging so I know what is going on in your healthy & fit world. CLS

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei