2008 Objectives....ITT`s, Duathlons and Team Events.

One of my main objectives for 2008 is to continue my focus upon the time trial(ITT)aspect of competitive cycling. In the perfect world I would simply purchase a time trial specific bike but,alas,it is alot of money to invest in a piece of equipment that would see limited use.

As a result I decided to start selling my surplus sporting equipment on Ebay and using the monies to purchase some key items that I can use to convert my road bike into an ITT bike,namely a bullhorn handlebar, Dura Ace bar end shifters,Cane Creek aero brakes and,of course,aerobars.

The matching bar, stem and aerobar arrived a couple weeks ago and my brakes arrived today.I`m pretty happy about the upgrades though it will be a nuissance to have to keep switching back and forth between the road bike and ITT bike setup.

Hope does run eternal however, and though I do not have the coin to purchase a new time trial bike I might be in a situation to build up a bike.Depending upon the profit sharing bonus in February and my income tax return I may upgrade my 2001 Shimano components with a new group. In that case my old components could be placed on a(used)frame/fork combo along with my above mentioned Ebay purchases. I would be able to share wheelsets between the two bikes as well as seatpost and saddle.

Sounds like a best case scenario win/win to me...lol. I also allocate about $200 of my 2008 Heathcare Spending account to my Wellness account which will permit me to purchase an ITT aerodynamic helmet reimbursed by my my employer.Nice!

It`s nice to have an attainable goal for Spring and to enter competitions with the proper gear and setup. Looks like Team Biome will be back to compete in the 2008 Investor`s Group(team event)Triathlon so that gives me further incentive to work on my time trialing skills. I`m still thinking about a Duathlon or two for 2008 if I can continue to work on my running. It does not come natural to me and I am far from a graceful runner but most dualthlons consist to two 4/5km legs which isn`t very extreme for us challenged runners.

Nice! I`m looking forward to Spring already.

Geo

Comments

Anonymous said…
You are so motivated. I find that so impressive. I am still waiting to hear from you. Perhaps you can send a few "how to get started" tips my way. CS

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei