Giro De Geo - Day 3



My lower back was kinda wonky this morning so the morning was spent finishing the basketball net for Chelsea. She was quite excited when she came home at lunch.Thanks Lynn!

I was planning on riding the Capilano Hills at 5PM but considering my sore lower back I opted for the shorter, but hilly, Purcell`s Cove ride. Cycling from home and back it was a whopping 35km. A big thanks to Paul and Janette who paced me up the hills, sat up on the crests but indudged my roaring descents due mostly to the effect of gravity on my substantial bulk(LOL).

Surprisingly I climbed the hills better than usual but certainly not fast. I don`t think my riding companions needed to exert much of an effort at my tempo on the big climbs. They both are riding so strong. Thanks again for letting me wheelsuck most of the ride.

Home to some homemade turkey soup I made this afternoon from the remnants of the fowl I roasted earlier this week. Back on the deck on a lovely evening enjoying a glass of red wine before heading off to bed.

Musical selection tonight is Bruce Springsteen`s The Rising.....

"I can't feel nothing but this chain that binds me
Lost track of how far I've gone
How far I've gone, how high I've climbed
On my back's a sixty pound stone
On my shoulder a half mile of line..."

Rather fitting I suppose considering my evening cycling the hills of Purcell`s Cove.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei