Ahead By A Century......Nope!

Unfortunately I opted out of the Joe Howe century ride today. The weather was prime for a 164km ride with warm Fall temps and sunny skies but it didn`t work out for me. A couple days ago it looked like we had a decent contingent of riders planning on participating but then folk started bailing out for one reason or another.

For me the fun of the Joe Howe is riding with a steady group of cyclists with similar objectives......pacelining the distance aiming at a decent average KPH at the end. My previous JH ended with a 31.6 kph average so I was hoping we could best that this year.

Alas..........by Saturday afternoon it was down to just two committed riders so I, regrettably,bowed out as well. The good news is I did manage to get out for some duathlon training. After doing a solo 50km ride around the basin with a decent average(32kph by Lake Bannook, 27.8 overall after cycling through Dartmouth and Halifax) I transitioned at home and did a 3km run. It`s that switch from cycling to running that I dread the most so it will be my main focus heading into the Riverport duathlon in October.

Comments

Cari said…
love the new look!

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei