Barefoot On A Wednesday Night - California Shiraz


Since last night was such a landmark moment with the election of Obama to the Presidency of the United States it was only appropriate I open up a bottle of American wine while watching history in the making. In the glass last night(and again tonight)is a delightful Shiraz blend from Barefoot Cellars - "...is full of jammy, blackberry flavors and is velvety smooth."

"Really,really good Shiraz!" quotes the Wine Wench Sue Straight and I concur. I had read somewhere the Barefoot brand made great wines at affordable prices and was pleased to stumble upon this gem at the local NSLC. Absolutely delicious wine.

Speaking of gems I also discovered Omega Crunch at Farmers Clem`s market on the Bedford highway. I stopped in for some potatoes and squash this past weekend and picked up a bottle of the shelled flax. What a fabulous idea by a local company. The benefits of Omega 3 in flaxseeds that does not need grinding and has a long shelf life. Priceless. I add it to my homemade trail mix consisting of almonds,sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, peanuts and Thomson raisins. I also figure it would be awesome sprinkled over ice cream....lol.
www.omegacrunch.ca

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei