The Family Of MAN And Bees - It`s Friday Night!



In the glass tonight is a nice 2006 MAN Vintners Pinotage...."South Africa`s indigenous grape variety...bold and juicy with red berry flavors and a touch of sweet oak spice."

First time for a Pinotage. Very nice with a particular finish I have yet to experience.

Hand in hand with my Friday night wines I also will highlight another dietary change that I have made in my journey to good health and my fitness goals. Tonight in the superfood spotlight I present the tried and true honey. Of all the natural sweetners honey is truly a gift of nature.

Opt for the unpasturized versions that retain the natural benefits and induldge your sweet tooth with this amazing and nutritious food.

"This wonderfully rich golden liquid is the miraculous product of honey bees and a naturally delicious alternative to white sugar.....research also indicates that honey's unique composition makes it useful as an antimicrobial agent and antioxidant."

For further info check out my link to WHFOODS on the sidebar. I personally use a local product. Pure Nova Scotian honey from Cosman & Whidden gathered from the fruit blossoms,clover and wildflower meadows of the Annapolis valley. Absolutely delicious on it`s own or used as a sweetner.

Bees are pretty cool as well. Amazing creatures. I get them every summer visiting my Purple Coneflowers collecting nectar.

So in honor of the industrious honey bee that gives us the miracle of honey I raise a glass of Pinotage. Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei