Geo`s First Outside Run of 2009



Although Tuesday night is usually one of my recovery days the Spring like weather was too appealing to let pass so I opted to do a 4km run after work. It was interesting to see how it felt to get off the treadmill and how the body responded after a winter of gym work.

The lungs felt well....at least I didn`t cough one up...which was a good sign.(wink)If anything it was my left foot and ankle that felt wonky and my lower back did stiffen somewhat during the run.All,no doubt,the result of running on undulating terrain as opposed to the smooth surface of a treadmill.

I was happy with the run and the time of 22(ish)minutes considering it was a last minute decision and nothing more a shakedown jog.My running distances will remain short for 2009 as I use it for crosstraining purposes for my cycling and preparation for an occasional duathlon.

Felt good to get outside and feel the warmth of the sun on my face. I put a temporary fender on my road bike so I`m ready to get back outside cycling as well....wet roads be damned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei