Tall Ships, Apelia and Strong Play - Weekend Update


My apologies for missing my usual Friday Night Wine posting but I actually went out on a Friday Night. Barry held his annual customer appreciation night which is always a good time. Personally it is the unofficial start of my cycling season and a sign winter is winding down. It was a chance to get my race license application signed, club membership paid, mingle with folks I last saw in the Fall and get some good deals on gear.

Another benefit was the chance to try a local microbrew - Garrison`s Tall Ship amber ale. Great beer and one that will definitely be found on the deck this summer. Delicious!

Ball hockey went well again.I am continuing with my strong play in nets as of late and chalked two more wins up today.Wow.....not quite sure what I`m doing different but I was a bulwark in nets.If it is indeed my winter training, diet and conditioning program I`m hoping it translates as well to the bike this Spring.

Having won the first game 10-6 we spotted the other squad a 4-0 lead in the second only to come roaring back to tie at nine all. It stayed tied for some time till a nice low shot through a screen of players in the slot beat me on the blocker side. We dominated the third game leading 7-1 when time expired. My second half record now stands at 12-10.

In the glass tonight is a Greek Apelia..."A smooth, elegant red wine with a pleasantly balanced mature flavour and a soft roundness on the palate...." Very nice with a good price point under $12CDN for a litre bottle. It also cellars well so will make a nice addition to the basement.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei