Tough Day In Nets - The Goalie's Tale

 Headed off to Sunday ball hockey feeling quite good after a morning run of 4km with some rock(box) jumps and walking lunges. Had I known the outcome of the day's events I might not have been so eager to pound the pavement.

 Having drafted teams from the attending players on paper the squads look quite even but it quickly became aparent that the opposing team possessed a stronger defense, balanced offense and much better work ethic than the squad in front of me. To put it simply....we got our asses handed to us by a superior team.

 We originally jumped out to a lead in the first game but ended up dropping 3 matches;10-5,10-4 and 7-6. As the goalie I faced lots of this...( pictures speak louder than words)........


and quite a bit of this.......

way too much of this......

and a full measure of this.......

but this was the tale of the day........

that unfortunately led to this.......


In the third game with about 20 minutes left to play I stretched out to stop a one timer from a pass across the slot and tweaked my knee.It quite tender tonight so on goes the ice pack so hopefully it is nothing serious. Guess I am way to old  to be contorting the body like that but I was pretty cranky(known as "getting my Henley up") and was determined I would do everything in my power to keep the ball out of the net. My meltdown after game 2 loss seemed to work since the final match was at least competitive so I must have lit a fire under someone's backside(wink)

I know it is all for fun but we definitely got schooled today.......such is life. I played well...actually one of my better efforts albeit in a losing cause. Chops to the other team...they were pretty awesome today. Give credit where credit is due. Now I hope I don't end up with a hitch in my giddyup this week.Back is stiffening up as well as I type this........might have to alternate the ice pack between locations.(wink)
 
     

Comments

hcarroll said…
Geo... you look just like the professionals lol Hope the knee is okay! Your blog is awesome...

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei