Saturday, January 01, 2011

New Years Day Ride - OSCAR #2

 Under overcast skies but mild January weather I managed to join a New Years Day ride with some fellow club members. Organized by NL the premise of the OSCAR is casual offseason(winter) training with increasing distance and tempo as the calender progresses towards Spring.


 Today's route was relatively short with my total milage about 50km -an early season funk meant I forgot to reset my computer. Finished the ride with my first 2011 climb of Flamingo Drive enroute to Clayton Park and home.The legs actually felt pretty good on the climb which is a good sign so early in the year.



 It was great to get out with some likeminded cyclists to ride off the holiday "blahs" and enjoy a coffee afterwards at Starbucks while getting caught up on everyone's new gear and training plans for the upcoming cycling/racing season.

No comments: