A Feast Fit For A King

 In celebration of the week's end and my continued struggle to retain some semblance of sanity in face of the persistant winter weather I have officially declared today as feel good Friday. Beginning with a haircut(yes- a haircut. I love getting groomed) I picked myself up a rib eye steak, a pound of PEI mussels and a bottle of 2009 Mezzomondo Negroamaro Salento.

Grilled medium rare the steak was served with onions and mushrooms and a side of unpasturized saurkraut to appease the beneficial belly flora.The mussels were plump and delicious and offered a good dose of Omega 3 fatty acid to balance out the beef. All enjoyed along with an intense and spicy red wine produced in the Puglia region of Italy.

A feast fit for a king but enjoyed nonetheless by this commoner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei