Bridgewater Century Ride - August 27 2011

Just pre registered for this "Gran Fondo on Nova Scotia's South Shore" so now it is down to a weather watch hoping we get a nice late summer day for the event. This will be my second attendance at the ride having done it last season. It is a nice course, complete with a (hard pack) dirt road section, some quiet rural roads and takes you along the scenic Lahave river with one challenging climb to Mount Pleasant(oh the irony) before returning to Bridgewater.

Last year I rode the event at a relaxed pace(I was racing the Provincial time trial championship the following day) and revisited my old stomping grounds; Bridgewater is my home town, Chelsea is my parent's homesteads and, as a youth, I often cycled to Risser's beach along the Lahave river. This year I hope to challenge the pace since there are no committments the next day. With the cancelation of the stage race last weekend my race season is now over as I will not travel to the final event of the season in Cape Breton.

I think the distance is around 125 kms so the Bridgewater Grand Fondo will be a perfect leadout for the Joe Howe Century in September which is an English century ride of 100 miles or just over 164kms.Hosted by the Halifax Velo Cycling Club the JH is usually the last organized event of the season.
http://www.bridgewatercenturyride.com/default.php

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei