Sunday, January 15, 2012

Feeding Stump - The Wary Crows

A cold Sunday morning in January meant the local murder of crows were probably really hungry so off to the feeding stump I went with todays offerings of PB&J sandwiches. Grabbing the camera I figured I would shoot some video and placed a small table next to the stump to facilitate the shoot.


Crows are intelligent birds and right from the moment I walked away it was evident that they sensed something was different. On a frigid morning like today they are usually diving upon the feast before I have even departed the back yard. Not today. Acutely aware of their enviroment they knew something was afoot and were quite skittish about the table and camera.

So I had some fun with the video.......the caws seemed to comprise a conversation so I ran with it.

No comments: