Wednesday, April 18, 2012

The Sprint!

Today I broke out the track spikes and did my first sprints of the season. A nice Spring day I decided to transition off the commute bike and re-introduce myself to some interval running.


 Since my usual track(warning track along the fence of the local softball field) was occupied with some fellas playing ball I found a field along the trail that offered 40 yards of decent grass. Completed some track warmup exercises and ran  half a dozen sprints and felt everyone of them. Even with a winter of playing ball hockey the intervals kicked my butt and I am definitely feeling it tonight.

 The transition to the track spikes was fine as I have been playing hockey all season in indoor soccer shoes so it didn't take long to get accustomed to the minimalist design.

http://rolfdevinci.blogspot.ca/2011/12/minimalist-runningindoor-soccer-shoes.html


Felt good to get out running sprints again and now that the weather conditions are improving I will incorporate sprint intervals back into my agenda. They are extremely effective for those days you do not have the luxury of spare time and offer a good fast workout .

No comments: