First Ride of 2015

Despite the surprising amount of snow cover remaining its looks like Spring has sprung. I finally got back on my Norco mtb/commuter for a Sunday morning pedal.



Legs felt surprisingly good considering my winter of "no cycling" discontent. Despite an off season weight gain I think I retained some semblance of fitness.


The break from commuting may have been a good thing as I have a renewed desire to get back on the bike. Since I work on the farm most Saturdays it means Sundays will be my prime road cycling day and I have stopped playing ball hockey (on Sundays ) to facilitate more riding. I will also end my membership with BPCC- with club rides on Saturday it makes no sense to renew. I will,however, continue to ride with Finbars who hosts a Thursday night club ride and other mid week "beer" rides this season.



Hope to start bike commuting soon but will need to pick and choose the days based upon weather conditions. I am required to take my work laptop home each day for "contingency" reasons so rainy days will be car days.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei