Archery and DIY Bug Repellent

Had a Saturday free so after the morning rains passed I opted to head for the woods to loose some arrows. Truth be told I did have alterior motives....knowing my range is near standing water the mosquitoes are legion and I wanted to further test my DIY bug spray.



Made out of essential oils the concoction of Tea Tree,Rose Geranium, Peppermint and Citronella blended with distilled water is dispensed using a glass spray bottle. It has been successful the last couple weeks against ticks and black flies down on the farm so the question remained whether it was effective against mosquitoes?





Success! As soon as I was on site the mosquitoes began to gather as I geared up my glove and bracer. I sprayed my bare legs, arms and head. Not only did the mosquitoes not land but they ceased to even buzz about. It was only when I removed my leather bracer that a mosquito landed on my unsprayed skin.

A good bug free morning loosing some arrows......priceless.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei