"In The Woods.....

....there comes a freedom"


Finally had an opportunity to get out to the woods with the long bow to loose some arrows. With much of the summer focused upon my "double" vacation in New Orleans and a Caribbean cruise earlier this month it felt great to decompress in the quiet that is the summer woods.


Since the weather was calling for rain I opted out of my usual Saturday farm work for a vacation/return to work backlog recovery day.Actually slept in till 8 o'clock!!!! The rain held off for the most part but the humidity was close so off to the woods to earn my sweat.


Grabbed my hickory self bow, bamboo arrows and my DIY mosquito spray from the Wiccan bag of essential oils which kept the bloodsuckers at bay.....amazing how well oils work. Todays formulation was heavy on citronella with a little witch hazel, lemongrass, peppermint and tea tree to deter any ticks still hanging out in the coolness of the bush.


Good to see my survival shelter has weathered the elements. Still intact and bone dry but in need of some new shrubbery.


Archery target still there.....I had found some old sheets of heavy felt on the farm and figured it would make a good barrier target. I purposely left it loose between the trees so it was forgiving on my arrows. If they penetrate it is only an inch or two which helps preserve their lifespans.

A couple good hours in the solitude of the woods.Priceless!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei