Rainy Saturday Training

The weather was nasty this morning...lots of rain, albeit, warm and muggy. The humidity is gross so I opted out of the usual club ride and headed to Nubody`s for a spin class. It was a hour session of simulated hill climbing, sprint intervals and steady tempo drills. Felt good...if you are gonna sweat from the humidity then you might as well work for it. The legs felt strong so I jumped on the treadmill immediately afterwards and did a 2 mile run followed by some core work with the Swiss and medicine ball. Kinda an indoor duathlon I suppose.

It was a good Saturday morning training session and now I need to hydrate. I know it`s probably water loss but I did weigh in afterwards at 198 lbs which is nice. The previous two mornings I have been at 199.4 and 200.0 lbs upon waking so I am right at the bubble of breaking my personal 200 lb plateau.

Looks like I`ll be able to pre ride the Brooklyn road race course tomorrow if the weather cooperates. My spouse is working the back shift so that frees up Sunday afternoon from my usual childcare duties. Nice! Not sure if I will actually race next Sunday but it will give me a chance to gauge my fitness on the hilly course.

Geo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei