Promises....A Precautionary Tale.


So........back in the Spring Joshua was not putting in the effort required for French and another Health "type" class with only C averages. He wanted a new Nintendo Wii so the deal struck was if he carried at least a B average in all classes I would consider purchasing the latest Nintendo product. As the school year neared completion I really didn`t want to fork out coin on another video game so, thinking I got the edge, I haggled a new deal that I would get high speed internet so he wouldn`t have to live with the shame of being stuck in the dialup "90`s".

Needless to say I was feeling quite smug, thinking I had saved coin. High speed internet would probably be cheaper than dialup once I bundled it with local and long distance phone service.I was secure in my promise.

I quickly found out my old PC had no ethernet card, and to my immortal stupidity, not enough memory to support high speed.The cost to upgrade made a new computer purchase the only logical decision.

DOH!(Geo does his best Homer impersonation)

After building a laptop on Dell.ca, awaiting shipment, going on the instalment plan and arranging high speed with Aliant I have fulfilled my promise at the cost of several video game systems.(sigh)

My pride won`t let me admit it but I think I got "punked" by a 13 year old.Pass the wine please.

The good thing is people can actually call us now, I no longer have to languish in the basement while networking and, in fact, I can take the notebook on the deck while I celebrate sun and Friday night wine.

Priceless!

Comments

Cari said…
well i guess you both win in the end...so really you weren't completely punked...okay well maybe just a little...hehe:)
C.
Anonymous said…
Oh well - at least you got a new computer out of it... and you can work out on the back deck :))

Adrien

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei