Ball Hockey






So it is officially Fall as I have started playing ball hockey on Sundays. Thankfully the Bloomfield recreation centre on Agricola got a reprieve from the city and received a facelift rather than being closed.

With new lighting and paint the gym is definitely more user friendly although we are now using official ice hockey regulation sized nets. The are about a foot wider and six inches higher than the pair we used last year.

It will take some getting used to and I have to rework my position to cover the angles. My performance today reflected the bigger nets. I struggled for the most part and let in several soft goals. Alas....this too shall pass. If I ever get my (new to me)gloves from Ebay that should help. My current ones are shot and starting to fall apart as the pics show. I`m giving the seller one more week then I`m logging an official complaint. I want my gloves!

The cycling club did a Century ride today in what was lovely Fall weather....actually it was quite summerlike.Hopefully they had a great ride. The gym was bloody hot as a result of the unseasonable temperatures and I bet I lost five pounds through perspiration.Thank goodness I saved that last beer in the fridge. It tastes wonderful but water will be the plan for this evening.

I managed to cram in a varity of training this weekend. Saturday was windy and wet so I did a sprited sixty minute spin class, core work and a 3 mile treadmill run. This morning I opted to gym it and completed an easy mile run before jumping in a 45 minute spin class. Yes......I do play ballhockey on Sunday afternoon but find a little moderate gym work in the AM loosens up the old body before hockey.

Geo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei