Chi, Ionized Water, Good Health and Q-Ray

Recently I have been doing some research into the Chinese practice of achieving "Chi", the balancing of the body`s "life force" in terms of well being.The premise being that to have good health one must balance positive/negative energies (ions)to achieve harmony.

From what I have ascertained thus far the act of living creates positive ions in the body that need to be countered by negative ions. They attract each other and become as one. Nature, it seems, supplies negative ions through good food, clean air and pure water.

The problem is that we now live in an increasingly polluted enviroment where pure food, water and air is at a premium.It is harder for the body to get the negative ions it needs to balance the positive ones that are the byproducts of living.It all reminds me of the whole free radical/antioxidant debate. Are they, in fact, one and the same?One an ancient Far Eastern belief and the other a 20th century scientific standard but both essentially the same concept?

It seems that most people are too acidic.......on a scale from 1(alkaline) to 14 (acidic) we should be around a 7. Modern life and the increasingly polluted enviroment means our PH levels are not balanced. Makes sense......to grow good crops we need to check the PH of the soil....some plants thrive in different soil conditions than others.A successful garden requires harmony.

So I started to check into water and found that all bottled waters are not necessarily the "magic pill" we assume they are. Many are simply tapped water that are filtered with much of the dissolved minerals removed.Many are not PH balanced. It seems water from artesian wells are the best;isolated from the impurities of the surface and fed by water slow filtering through soil and bedrock they are stored in huge underground aquaducts.They contain the important dissolved minerals and supply the much needed negative ions.

This prompted me to revisit the Q- Ray bracelet and the(reported)beneficial qualities. My undertsanding is the ionized bracelets helps one achieve a desirable "life force" balance which, in turn, means the body is at harmony and functions better with less illness and stress.

So in pursuit of "chi" and the desire to empirically test the assumption I ordered a Q-Ray bracelet.It will be interesting to see if I notice any differences in how I feel.In the meantime I will start being selective with the water I drink and search out artesian(ionized) water sources.Evian and Fiji are the two I identified on the shelves hereabout. There are a bit more expensive but quality is more important than quantity.

Stay tuned.......(wink)

Geo

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey George, Great post. Are the Q-Ray bracelets the same as the magnetic ones. I can't seem to wear those, they make me feel really off balance. But, maybe that's precisely why I should have one.

Have you ever tried Qi Gong? It's a form of martial art that's also medical and spiritual. It focuses on balancing chi and its effects are quite astounding.

Good luck with it. Be sure to post an update.
Anonymous said…
That is so interesting. Let me know how the bracelet works. I was thinking of getting one also. Drink warm lemon water in the morning, first thing, to balance your system. CS
George said…
Thanks Heather;
Age, sport and past injury usually means I`m feeling varying levels of discomfort most of the time. It will be interesting to see if the Q-Ray,better training regimens and smart dietary habits will result in any noticable changes.

I have not heard of that martial art. I was aware of Tai Chi which sounds similar to Qi Gong. I`ll google it.

Geo
George said…
Warm lemon water huh?Interesting.Thanks.
Cari said…
Hey Geo,
I find anything to do with chi and our body energy fasinating, so I really enjoyed this post! I've learned a lot about it since working at the clinic where they do chinese medicine. Everything revolves around the flow and balance of energy through our body. For example, in Chinese medicine, they believe that women who are pregnant get morning sickness because the chi that runs through the body is blocked by the new fetus and cannot move in a balanced motion. I find that amazing! I was actually taking Chinese herbs for awhile that were to help balance my chi and I still have acupuncture to help balance my body. Anyway, I'm curious to see how you feel, as you focus on your chi. Carol is right, warm lemon water is good for you and also really aids in digestion!
C.
George said…
Indeed! The concept is that energy moves through channels within the body and if blocked can result in a variety of problems.

My upper body has never really recovered from my crash in 2005 and I`m hoping the whole Chi thing may help. I sorted out my lower back issues through core strength training but my upperback,shoulders and neck are just miserable.

Maybe I need some acupuncture or massage therapy.It`s to the point now where it`s almost constant so I`m beginning to accept the muscle tension and stiffness as my normal state of being. That really sucks!

Maybe it`s also partly due to a 43 year old man who thinks he is still 18....lol.(wink).

Geo
Cari said…
you should give acupuncture a try! it would be especially good if you could find an acupuncturist that specializes in musculo-skeletal and combines acupuncture and massage when treating. the only thing is that you want to see someone who knows what they are doing, or really it ends up not helping. not sure if you've ever had a look at this (i had it on my blog at one point) but it has info on acupuncture and all that good stuff and may give you an idea of what to look for when looking for a clinic in halifax...this is where i work...http://www.newhm.com.au/
Murray Yazer said…
Nice post G. Let me know how the bracelet works out.
Unknown said…
I'd be interested to hear as well how the bracelet works Geo! I've looked into Tai Chi myself and just don't have time to squeeze it into my schedule right now. I've also taken a few meditation classes and found the techniques they teach very helpful in everyday activities. We all have to be more careful now to treat our bodies right if we want to stay active as we get older. I'm still having a hard time getting used to frustrating injuries like strains and sprains. So much maintenance!
See you at the shop sometime soon!
Geo

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei