2006 Giacondi Sangiovese Rubicone



That`s right.....it`s Friday Night! Geo`s wine indulgence is an Italian offering with good value and quality in mind. A two litre jug with a price point around $18 CDN you can`t go wrong.

Generally I am reluctant to buy the big bottles hence the temptation to drink the whole bottle. Regardless of my postings on exercise and diet I am a creature of opportunity and will over indulge if given the chance. That said it is a nice wine...."a product of the famous Sangiovese grape resulting in a dry, rich, full bodied wine with delicate aroma...."

I actually opened it last night as my spouse was off work and we shared a glass(or two)together for a change. A couple more tonight,some for Saturday and,perhaps,a glass or two during the Superbowl.

Found out tonight that my grandmother was taken to the hospital with low blood pressure. Hopefully she will be OK. Get well soon Nannie.

Usual gym routine for Saturday. It was lovely Spring like weather the last couple days but the weekend looks nasty. Needless to say it has whetted my taste for Spring and the 2008 cycling season.In spite of Friday night wines I`m feeling prime and think that I am in the best off season shape to date.It looks like the Halifax Criterium might be a go this year. A race around the Halifax Commons is expensive but Tom Beazley,a fellow BPCC member and 2007 Master B champion,has taken on the organizational challenge and is trying to get some sponsors on board. It is an awesome event and one of my favs. It`s looking promising. Cross my fingers.

Another friend(thanks Michelle)directed me to a pic of yours truly at the startline to the 2007 Riverport road race.I`m looking forward to the 2008 event......regardless of my calm looking demeanor in the picture I was not in the right frame of mind last summer and my DNF was the result. I hope to put in a better effort this season.

I`m also looking forward to the Provincial ITT this season as well. As posted I have purchased some time trialing gear and might have a time trial specific bike for this year`s race. Nice!

At the end of the season if I can have those three BNS races and the Investor`s Group Team Triathlon event in the books I will be happy. It`s all about balance.

Geo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei