Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Tour De Geo - Day Four. On The Bubble.




Awoke to foggy rainy weather that the weatherman promised would depart by the afternoon. Arranged a 2PM ride from the shop so I was hopeful the sun would shine. Left the house at 1:30PM and before I clipped in the pedals the rain started to pour. Considered aborting the ride but within minutes I was soaked so off I went singing(wink) in the rain. Figured I would ride out to Bedford and if no one was there I would just come back home.

On the Bedford highway I crossed the weather line between rainfall and dry pavement. Met three fellas at the shop and we did a variation of the club ride. Ended up with a 50km ride with a 30kph average. Heading to Laurie Park I touched wheels with the rider in front of me but kept the bike upright. Amazing how instinct kicks in and you react without thinking. Whew!

I suffered on the two big climbs on the route and was on the bubble of being dropped but managed to hang on by just digging deep and keeping the pedals ticking over. Fittingly I arrive home to see Chelsea playing with a new toy....a bubble wand that makes the most amazing soap bubbles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now that is a bubble. Way to go Chelsea.

CS