Weekend Update - Ups and Downs!

Another weekend in the books as I type this on a Sunday night. After an enjoyable Halloween night with the help of a nice red wine(wink)I was keen on getting in a Saturday morning club ride.

I actually was running late in the morning so opted to drive out to the bike shop and quickly geared up as the pre ride meeting was taking place. Without any warmup on a cool Novemember morning I jumped in the first group on the road. The pace was fast from the outset but the legs felt good until the Fall River hill. As usual I was the last of the group to summit but stayed in touch with two of the other lads. That hill always hurts.....always!

The ride out to Laurie Park was better as was the return trip to Bedford. The longer the ride went the stronger I felt and managed to hang with the group right till the traffic lights in Bedford. I failed to reset my computer at the start but the numbers(from another rider in the group)was 20km with a 31.2kph. From Fall River out to Laurie Park then back to the shop was 28km with a 33.4kph average.Decent numbers for November.

Sunday`s ball hockey was a downer. I felt good heading into our two hour time slot but ended up losing the first game 10-7. We were down by 3 goals twice but managed to tie only to drop 3 consecutive goals in the end. The second game was a rout...we were unable to generate any offense and were humbled 10-1. I didn`t play that bad but did let in a couple soft goals in the later stages of the game. It was ugly team effort all around! The third game was much more competitive. We lost a player who had to leave so got one of the opposing team`s player to balance the squads.A good player he made the difference and we were competitive with the last game ending in a 9-9 draw. Tough day between the pipes. My record now stands at 2-4-1.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei