Soft Goal But Nice Glove

 It was a funny day playing ball hockey. I got of to a dreadful start and gave up an early natural hat trick within the first 20 minutes of play. Settled down after weathering an early storm but still lost the first match 10 -8.

 Bounced back in the second game for a 10 -8 win but was down two goals early in that match. As mentioned it was a strange day. One minute I'm making a save I shouldn't and the next I'm asleep at the wheel. The good news was I found better form as the day progressed and won the second match and snagged a shutout(4-0) in the third match(albeit only 15 minutes) as our floor time expired. Protected the shutout with a point blank save on a shot from the slot as I slid across the crease paddle down on the floor.

This pretty much sums up the day.........unsure of making a save and looking into the net while the rebound is shot off my arse(to the laughter of the crowd), feet glued to the floor on the goal(what was I doing?) but flashing the leather on a point shot.....for a little redemption.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei