Sunday, December 11, 2011

The Forest For The Trees - Baked Apple

 Sometimes delicious yet simple food is just an "aha" moment away yet one never seems to discover them. The proverbial "can't see the forest for the trees" scenario. I headed down to the farm yesterday to visit my mother and during our meal she placed a couple baked apples on the table. Baked apples! It has been years since I had a baked apple. It just never occurred to me.



 Tonight I cored two apples, placed some butter in the centres and sprinkled with cinnamon. Wrapped them in tin foil and placed in a hot oven. When soft I placed one hot apple on a dish, added heavy cream and more cinnamon. OMG! How tasty was that little treat.Apple pie without the wheat and added sugar.

 Delicious, easy and fast to prepare. A perfect Primal treat.