Friday, September 28, 2012

A View From The Deck - Autumn Version

It's been a long week and calling for rain for the weekend so I found myself on the deck after the bike commute home on Friday enjoying the late September sunshine.


The morning didn't start so nice as it was the coldest commute thus far this Fall. Had to break out the lights and also the winter weight jersey and gloves.


Fortunately the day improved greatly and after an extended bike ride home via Bayers Lake and the NSLC I soon found myself  on the deck enjoying a well deserved beer.....


....followed shortly thereafter by a glass of red.....


Yes. Both beer and wine had ice cubes cause I like both chilled and after a week of suffering with a head cold I had not the patience, nor the Autumn sun, to wait otherwise.

Falling sun illuminating my bird feeder which will be stocked with seed sooner than I would have wished.....


My deck companion for the evening.......



...along with my stumbly legs. How can you tell a roadie who no longer gives a #&$%? Unshaven legs.



Ended the deck session with the ultimate meal. Bacon and Swiss Chard fried in bacon fat. Yes.....bacon fat! With all due respect to vegans, low fat advocates, carboholics and certain religious denominations this caveman chowed down on pig and greens. Delicious!


Happy Friday!

No comments: