Organika Chicken Bone Broth

 Finally found a Canadian made bone broth that is competitively priced, organic and available online or in select local stores. It is in powder form so not as convenient as liquid but the price and shelf life is better.

I know from reading the reviews that some complain about the mixability but that is a lame issue that involves nothing more than a few seconds of stirring.

I have made my own own broth broth in the past and it is takes some time so I am happy to discover the Organika brand. In terms of flavor it is a broth so understand it will not make your taste buds dance as broths tend to be on the bland side unless they are filled with artificial flavors and/or sodium.

The chicken broth is quite good but I add some of my favorite spices to a mug; oregano, basil and summer savory along with a touch of sea salt and pepper. Makes an amazing cup of broth or as a base for soups, gravies or noodles. 

Using two tablespoons you get fifteen grams of high quality protein and only 60 calories. More importantly you receive lots of nutritional collagen good for the body.

It is now a staple in my dietary toolbox.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei