Thursday, May 04, 2006

The road to Brooklyn

Well......after the hurt of the AMP I`m ramping up for the 2nd race of the season in Brooklyn. 80k race comprising 4 laps of country roads. Rolling hills with a couple steep climbs on the backside of the loop.

Weather forecast is promising.....cloudy with sunny periods and somewhere around 13C. Lets hope it holds true.

I`m not feeling the best. Kinda fatigued all week and it cannot be overtraining as I have tapered down my activity the last couple weeks. Went to a spin class tonight and felt off my usual form. Oh well...hopefully it`s not another flair up of Henleyinitis, that mystery ailment that plagues my siblings and I. Well.....I think I have it as well but am too damn stubborn to keep going back to the doctor for blood work. Essentially it involves low blood platelets, muscular pain/stiffness and fatique.

Alas...this too shall pass. Gonna do the Saturday group ride at a leisurely pace, zoom in my bike fit and get ready to roll on Sunday.

Hoorah!

Geo

2 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

You must be in pretty great shape George! Have you had your platelets checked lately? I haven't gone in awhile but I'm due to get them checked next month...Oh the fun...Have a great weekend!
Cari

George said...

Nope. Not since last August. My scalp has broken out with that stupid red rash that has plagued me for years as well. I`m definitely out of sorts but nothing like a little suffering on the bike to cleanse the body....and soul for that matter.LOL.

Geo