A Good Day! Increased Endurance.

Good to see all the gym work is paying dividends. Went to Nubody`s this morning with the intention of doing some core work but decided to do the spin class instead. Lately I have been opting out of spinning if I managed to get in the Saturday morning hour class.

It was a decent class and the legs felt real strong, as did the lungs. The funny thing is I always seem to play ball hocket better if I get some aerobic work in beforehand. You would think it would be the opposite? It`s one thing to lightly spin prior to two hours in nets but quite another to really push the pace and work hard.

Needless to say I felt prime in nets today. Ironically I gave up a five hole goal to lose the first game after the squad rallied from a 4 goal deficit to tie at 9 goals. Ray crossed half court then moved to my right as he neared the top of the key. I was moving sideways to compensate, not expecting a shot as he had his head down, when he snapped a hard low shot. I knew it was trouble from the moment the ball left his stick and tried to squeeze the pads together but, alas, there was the winning goal. I guess my cheeky comment from Mr. Brodeur`s book bit me on the arse.....lol.

The second game was a different story. I played well in the first, albeit losing the match, but rebounded with my best effort to date. Yowsers....I made scandalous saves I had no right to make.....including several breakaways. Laterally I was quick, position wise I seemed to be able to be where I needed to be, my vision was sharp and, most importantly, the fatigue factor was absent.I`m sure the increased endurance can be attributed to my increased core strength and aerobic fitness. Back in 2006 I was exhausted entering the last 40 minutes....today I could have played much longer.

Hopefully this will translate well to the bike once the 2007 season starts in the Spring.

Geo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei