Weekend Update - Vacations End



Rain! More rain! Lots of rain! Oh well I did get some sun the first half of the week.No ride today but I did manage to participate in a spirited 60 minute spin class before I watched the TdF ITT. What a day at the Tour!

Overall it was a good week. I managed to train every day, whether it was at the gym(spin class/treadmill/core strength),road cycling or mountain biking. Add to it 3 days of swimming while at Maskwa with the kids and I`m happy that I got the opportunity to keep active yet hang with the family and watch the Tour coverage.

It`s been a good week topped off with some wine/beer and good food.(wink)

Back to work Monday but they say the sun will return tommorrow so hopefully I will be able to get a training ride in the books. The plan is to head to the gym in the AM, watch the mountain stage of the TDF and go for a ride later in the day.

Sunday Update - The weather improved around Noon so after watching an awesome TdeF stage I headed out for a ride. There were some guys leaving the shop at 1pm so I was about twenty minutes behind them on the road but never made contact. Either they did a different route or were(probably)on a hammerfest. I chased to Laurie Park with a respectable 34(ish)kph average - not bad considering the windy conditions.Thinking they may have opted to head to Enfield I made a solo ride out of the afternoon and headed back to the city. At the bottom of Flamingo Drive I had 61km in the books with a 31.1 kph average. Completed the climb(ugh) and looped through Clayton Park West to home for a 29.1 kph average over the 64km.

I swear Flamingo Drive gets steeper as I get older....yikes!

Pics - Me scanning the road ahead for the lads before Laurie Park.
Me at home wishing I had a cold beer.

Geo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei