Saturday Club Ride

After a very rainy Friday the weather dried up(somewhat)for the usual Saturday club ride. The morning was foggy but quickly became muggy as the humidity made things very sticky. I led out the second(fast)group made up of the race caliber riders who were not competing tomorrow at Brooklyn. As a result the pace was fast as we didn`t need to save anything for Sunday`s race.

At Laurie Park we formed one group with the remnants of the first fast group as many of those guys didn`t bother doing the extra distance considering the tough race course tomorrow. The ride back to Bedford was fast and fun and I managed to climb well and didn`t get dropped.....yippee. The final three climbs are not big but usually are the spots where the lads attack and I typically have trouble staying in touch. Not today.

The running is going well, albeit treadmill work, but my aerobic fitness seems much improved and I have consistently hovered around 198 pounds the last several days.Nice! I`m pretty happy about it and my cycling seems to be the prime beneficiary.

Home to take the family to the lake for a brisk, wonderful late August swim. Considering the humidity the water felt brilliant!Priceless.

Geo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei