Saturday Wine,Q-Ray and November Snow



Yikes! Perhaps the weather guys are right. After the remnants of Hurricane Noel last weekend it was suggested that the remaining season in the Atlantic will be turbulent and stormy. Tonight we got another "weather bomb" as the wind has come up with snow. Snow! Add to that it`s thundering complete with lightning. It`s surreal.

The weather notwithstanding I did manage to get in the club ride today. The temps were around -4 with windchill but it wasn`t too bad. I layered properly so felt OK. I should have worn my neoprene shoe covers as my toes were cold at the end of a brisk 45k ride. I rode with the second group on the route comprised of intermediate/fast riders. I ended up with a 31.9 kph average which isn`t too bad considering my saddle time has been sparse recently.We had a good group with Rob his normal powerhouse self and Kaarin who has made tremendous gains this season. Nice.

The legs felt strong. My legs have felt strong on my last couple runs as well.My gym work seems more productive.My recovery time is much improved.I guess maybe the Q Ray does help with athletic performance.That`s the only thing different over the last several months.Exercise intensity and routines have remained the same though, in fairness,my diet is much improved.

Q-RAY Update - I removed the bracelet Saturday night and did notice a difference Sunday morning. My usual upper back/neck stiffness returned to it`s usual intensity. Once I replaced it this afternoon I do feel better.Guess this means I am a convert even though I don`t understand the "whys" and "hows".This is my leap of faith and I do not need to know the details other than I do feel good.

After two hours at the Northcliffe pool I purchased a bottle of 2005 Koonunga Hill Shiraz Cabernet. St. Pius X had a swim social for the Sunday school kids. I don`t know what`s worse.....swimming in treated pool water or sitting on the hot poolside deck breathing in the humid chlorine vapours.Alas......the kids had a blast so it was nice.Maybe a glass of antioxident rich wine watching Hockey Night In Canada is justified in counteracting my lungs full of chlorine(wink).

A shout out to my sister Connie.......I usually only blather on about my pathetic athletic endeavors hereabouts but the kids are OK, albeit,high maintenance for the most part. I`m not sure what`s more difficult to deal with.....Josh`s teenaged angst or Chelsea`s "8 going on 18" mentality. My nerves!Remember those days?LOL.

All for now. Rememberance Day tomorrow. No ball hockey and the gym is closed. Might be a great opportunity to go for a run if it isn`t too sloppy outside.

Geo

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad to hear the bracelet is working for you. I think I need a dozen for myself. Where did you get it? cost? did you notice a difference right away? Please let me know. Your sister, you know which one!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei