Friday, December 28, 2007

Forrest Gump, Lindemans, Amy Lee and Misery.


Happy Holidays!

Friday Night so I am induldging in a very nice 2006 Lindemans Bin 50 Shiraz. This is one great red wine...."a lively yet ripe, full flavored wine...". Definitely well balanced considering a relatively high alcohol content at 13.5 it has a nice mouth feel and a decent finish that suits my tastes. This will now join Masi as one of my "regulars" in the wine rack. Very nice with a decent price point at $13(ish) per bottle.

I happened upon the movie Forrest Gump by chance while searching for any Spengler Cup hockey that might be scheduled on a Friday night. It has been awhile but I quickly realized that it is such a fabulous movie and also one of my favorites.

So here I blog with reflections of Mr. Gump in my thoughts, wine in my glass, Amy Lee singing Lithium in the head phones and one cranky tired daughter resisting any attempts of sending her to bed.Welcome to a Friday night with Geo...lol.

I feel miserable. It has been a week tomorrow since I got to the gym and I swear my body is in full rebellion. I am stiff, sore, tense and feel like my skin is crawling off my flesh. Exercise is a drug and I`m having serious withdrawal symptoms. Crikey! Soon remedied though......heading to the gym tomorrow morning come Hell or high water. Looking forward to the 60 minute hammerfest spin class. Last week I gave up my bike to a fella who stood in the lineup early with his infant son to make sure he got a bike only to come to class after changing and find the one bike not taken to be broken. Since he had cycling shoes only and had already paid for childcare I figured he deserved a "random act of kindness". As a result I`m keen to get back on the bike.

Time to stop the holiday insanity and get back on a dietary/exercise regimen. Maybe it`s a masochistic thing but the harder I push my body and the more I suffer the better I feel. No worries hereabouts of succumbing to the lure of the couch.....I can`t stand the pain of inactivity.

Oh well....this too shall pass or as Forrest`s mother said....."Life is a box of chocolates...."

Geo

2 comments:

Cari said...

Man, I was thinking the EXACT same thing. I haven't been following my diet (I've been cheating like crazy) and I haven't been exercising since I finished work last Friday and I feel like total crap. It's actually amazing me just how terrible I feel. My head feels like it's under a thick fog and every part of me aches! I have the energy of a slug and seriously haven't felt like this in ages. It's nice to know that all that discipline is worth it and although you feel like crap somedays when you're doing it, it's worth the effort in the end!I can't wait to eat a big vege salad and go for a long walk!

Anonymous said...

Hi Geo - I've also been thinking the exact same thing! It's a hard time of year to stick to routines, that's for sure. I'm also planning to head to the spin in the AM and hope to see you there :))