Friday Night With A Fat Bastard



No worries........this is not an autobiographical account of my evening even though the title certainly fits my occasional surly demeanor.(wink)

It refers,in fact,to my Friday night wine selection. In the glass tonight is a 2006 Thierry & Guy Fat Bastard Cabernet Sauvignon that came highly recommended by my coworker Kelly. It possesses a "wonderful color and round, rich palate" that is communicated in the very British expression of being a "fat bastard".Hence the name of this collaboration between renowned French winemaker Thierry and British wine rebel Guy.

That said now I give my amateur,plebian opinion in blue collar English . Amost a purple in hue the wine does possess a deep rich color. Without an overwhelming bouquet it has a well rounded flavor with a nice pleasant aftertaste. In my opinion it is well balanced wine and very quaffable. In fact I`ve just completed my third glass. Delicious.

A shout out to Kelly who not only suggested I try this selection but actually bought me a bottle. You`re the bestest K!Thanks....I owe you.Hmmmmm.....methinks you would like one of my favorite Masi reds.(wink)

Cheers!
Geo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei