Jost Prima Rosa, Snow and Lost Sheep


Friday Night wine selection was a red wine produced by Jost Vineyards in Malagash Nova Scotia. I figured it was time to start supporting the local producers who do create some very nice selections.

I opted for a bottle of Prima Rosa produced from a blend of French/American hybrids and Vinifera grape varieties......."With a lovely fruity bouquet, this smooth full bodied red wine boasts a berry fruit jam character...".

The description sums it up quite well....... a medium dry wine with a dark red color and lots of berry flavor.An easy drinking wine that matches well with a variety of food or,simply,enjoyed alone.

Monica wasn`t working Friday night so I actually had someone to enjoy the wine with me. Wine is best served with company.

The tradeoff is she is working rare weekend dayshifts so I find myself accompanying Chelsea on this stage of her faith journey towards her first communion in the Spring.This morning we attended her first Reconcilation, a kinder,gentler interpretation of the traditional,fear inspiring Confession. She did OK and the church has done well to limit the negative stigma usually associated with the process.

Tomorrow we are off to Mass and Sunday school in which parents are invited to attend.Could my wife`s unusual Saturday/Sunday day shifts be divinely inspired so that a certain lost sheep with a disillusionment of organized religion might be set back upon the path?(wink)

If anything a little dose of positive spirituality is what this jaded individual needs in light of the depressing, violent state of the world. My nerves!Somedays I have little faith in my species and wonder if we are indeed heading toward the "end days".

So in the hope of better days ahead I enjoy another glass of Prima Rosa and appreciate the simple things;a pot roast in the slow cooker and the snow squalls that are beautiful as they pass against the background of blue sky and bright sun.

Geo

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei