Saturday Morning Run

Yes.....that`s correct. I awoke late and debated the merits of getting up on a dark,rainswept morning to head to Nubody`s for my usual offseason spin class. Lately it`s been a crush to even get a bike in the eighteen bike session as it is the most popular class offered in the local gym. Needless to say my reluctance to hover about like a turkey vulture awaiting the eventual rush to queue up for the sign-in sheet does not help my early morning motivations nor is it a wise choice of exercise time management.

Guilt is a wonderful thing and since Saturday morning is my premier training time I got up and headed to my impending workout. Arriving at 9AM there was no doubt the spin class was full so I was prepared to run.

I did a 2.3 mile run averaging between 5.5 - 6.5 mph with an average incline of 1-1.5. Following that I opted to do one minute intervals at 8mph with an active recovery at 4 - 5.5 mph for the same length of time....one minute. After six intervals I did a three minute hill climb on a 6.5 incline then finished with a tempo run at 6.5 mph for a total of 2 miles. Ended my morning with the usual core strength work and some weigh training.

Unfortunately I forgot my HRM at home so all I have is my distance; 4.3 miles in about forty three minutes. As winter winds down I hope to make the transition to outside as I am still hoping to do a dualthlon this season but it will depend on my running opportunities as cycling remains my priority.

Geo

Comments

Land and Water said…
Interesting blogs George! I've linked to your blog on www.landandwater.ca. Just letting you know.

doug
George said…
No problem. It`s a little sparse with topics this time of year but generally livens up come the cycling season.

Didn`t know you had a blog....I need to do some reading.

Geo
Land and Water said…
yes yes you do! lol

www.landandwater.ca

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei