Fall Back - September Club Ride

Gotta admit that the one advantage of Fall cycling is the weather. Generally dry and cool which is a good thing. Today was no exception in 14c overcast weather with just a hint of precipitation. The drawback to Fall cycling is finding time to do it. With the kids back at school(which means evening homework supervision),dusk arriving earlier every night,the start of Sunday ball hockey and Sunday school I have limited chances to ride.

The result was obvious today as I suffered greatly in the first group to depart the shop. I drove to the shop fearing rain so did not get a warmup before the departure. The pace was surprisingly fast and I was unprepared for the extended jaunt through the Fall River Village subdivision which really had some bite. It was a struggle just to get up the Fall River hill and to the first stop at Sobeys.

The ride out to Laurie Park was better(re;no climbs) but on the return I and two others dropped off the main pack since it increased to a dozen riders. A couple riders from another group joined us at Laurie Park but made the size of the paceline too cumbersome for the busy section of road and Saturday traffic. It was probably a good thing as my legs were very heavy and I just did not have any jump. Even still the three of us maintained a respectable tempo on the return to Bedford. Unfortunately I did not reset my cycle computer so I do not have any stats.

A month ago I was riding at my best form prior to my accident. I was actually able to spring ahead cycling in the fast group and respond to attacks. Today I did everything not to fall back and spent much of the ride on the rivet. Alas.....this too shall pass.

I do have Monday off so I am hoping to get in another ride this weekend and, more likely, some running. I still have the Riverport Duathlon on my radar.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei