Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Rumors Be Damned.....Home Where The Heart Is?

No worries folks! Other than falling off the dietary wagon this holiday season I`m still functioning even though my blogging has fallen off the face of the(cyber)world. Rumors of my demise has been greatly exaggerated.(wink)

It`s New Years Eve and I`m at home awaiting the onset of a winter blizzard sweeping the province. Sounds like nasty weather for the next 24 hours with cold temps,high wind and snow.At home is where I intend to stay especially since I discovered a screw firmly lodged in my front tire today.With the emergency donut on a front wheel drive vehicle during blizzard conditions it`s best to keep the car in the driveway.

They say luck runs in threes so I assume that applies to bad luck. In the last week my Roots watch died after only a year`s usage, my new glasses melted in the sauna and the tire mated with a carpenter`s screw. My nerves!

Awaiting an available shower at the gym I decided to sweat a little more in the sauna. It was pretty hot and felt good after a tough workout but the heat and sudden change of temps afterwards caused the protective coating on my glasses to "ripple". Fortunately they were covered under the purchase warantee so I should have replacements in a week or so.My snow tires is at the shop getting a plug. I`ll purchase a good cheap(reliable)Timex.

Since I am home I have begun my celebration with,fittingly,a bottle of DIY wine given to me by a coworker. It`s been years since I had sampled homemade wine made from kits so I was quite happy to give it a go. So in the glass tonight is a Vino Europa Merlot. I`m not sure when this was bottled but suspect the longer it is aged the better it becomes. It has a nice rudy red color,is free of sediments and possesses a light bouquet with an alcohol content in excess of 12%. Without strong tannins it is a easy drinking medium body wine. Considering it is a kit wine and produces about 60 750 ml bottles it is quite affortable at C.$1 a bottle.As long as you don`t expect top of the line estate quality it certainly is a nice house wine. It would also make an awesome Sangria for those hot summer months.Thanks KB. I`ll return the empty bottle on Friday.

Now that the holiday season is winding down I will refocus my fitness goals and consider the last week a well deserved break.With Vino Europa in my glass I wish everyone a great New Years.Cheers!

2 comments:

The Dickinsons said...

Happy New Year to you guys! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like the Henley luck to me. At least you didn't catch your cat on fire like I did. Lighting candles to help me relax doesn't always work out like I plan. Widley is fine, mostly just singed. Don't you go getting any ideas George. Happy New Year and best of luck in 2009.

Your sister,

Pippy CLS