Strained Groin Be Damned!

Despite my nagging lower body injury I had another good day in nets today. It was a beautiful Spring like day and hard to drag myself inside to play hockey but I managed....lol(wink)

The teams were relatively well matched heading into the first game and was close in score until we managed to build a 3 goal lead and eventual win with a 10-5 final score.We spotted the opposing squad a three goal lead in the second match but rallied to keep it close until near the end when we managed to grab the comeback win with 2 late markers to win 10-8.

With 20 minutes remaining we once again gave the other squad a two goal lead before we stormed back with time expiring to tie the match at 3-3. I played steady all day and made several key saves in each game. Managed to get my blocker on the ball labeled for the top corner in the second game after we gave up a breakaway late in the match. Could have been a deciding goal for the other squad. My favorite save was a nice toe save on a one timer shot late in the third game to preserve the tie. It was a beauty!

My second half record now stands at 20-11-1 with two weeks remaining in the season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei