Nightshades -Inflamation and Joint Pain

Discovered this interesting thing about the nightshade family of vegetables....

"Nightshades, Inflammation and Pain
How and why do nightshades contribute to inflammation and pain? Nightshade plants are known for producing a range of alkaloid chemicals, which may be toxic – from irritating to lethal. These chemicals can also contribute to allergic reactions.

Alkaloids produced by the nightshade family:

•nicotine in tobacco
•hallucinogenic and deadly tropane alkaloids in belladonna
•mildly irritating alkaloids in tomatoes, potatoes, and other food nightshades
As a group, nightshades have a bad reputation in alternative health circles and many practitioners recommend avoiding tomatoes, potatoes, peppers and eggplant, or eliminating them from the diet entirely – especially if you are seeking to eliminate chronic pain symptoms or headaches."

Very interesting considering I do experience mild to severe joint inflamation and pain. I`ve always considered it sports related while my chiropractor thinks the elbow tendinitis is related to my upper spinal subluxations.

I eat tomatoes(fresh and juices)and green peppers on a regular(daily basis)so effective today(April 11)I`m ceasing my consumption as an experiment and see if I notice a decrease in my symptoms. According to additional research some folk have issues with nightshades while others do not so it will be interesting to see how my body reacts to nightshade avoidance. I will continue my typical athletic pursuits at the same frequency as a control.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei