Tabata Sprints

Discovered this on Mark's Daily Apple and I`m thinking it`s an ideal exercise to add to my winter running. I had started doing hill intervals last week and will now incorporate Tabata sprints as well. They certainly compliment my running goals of shorter, higher intensity efforts.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/what-are-tabata-sprints/

They should definitely improve my ball hockey fitness which is all about short hard efforts followed by brief seconds of recovery while on the floor. Tabata sprints can also be used on the bike as well. Nice!

Post Script - Jan 4 2011

Did my first set of sprints.I didn't push too hard(icy conditions) but it still hurt.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei