Paleo Staples - Pineapple

 The wonderful pineapple! Sweet yet tart and juicy it is unique in the fact it is loaded with Bromelain, an enzyme that confers numerous health benefits.

http://www.knowledgebase-script.com/demo/article-283.html

 It is rare that I enjoy fresh pineapple here in the Great White North, usually only occasionally when they are on sale at the grocery stores. They usually retail between $4-6 CDN. I do enjoy canned pineapple as long as it does not contain added sugars or other additives but it pales in comparison to the fresh fruit.


 How floored was I when I discovered fresh pineapples on sale at Sobey's for $2 each today when I was out foraging. Score! Needless to say I walked out with four of them and quickly prepped and ate one with the assistance of my son as soon as I got home. Talk about a taste of tropical sunshine on a March day.Delicious.

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2009 Halifax Criterium - Race Update

Celesta - The Archer's Helmet

Scythian Bow - Flagella Dei